What's next for
Apollo Client 🚀
Hi, I'm Peggy! 👋
Our mission: Help developers succeed
building apps with GraphQL 🚀
Apollo has grown over 400%
in the past year.
State management is hard
Apollo removes complexity
30% of Apollo Client
users are also using
Apollo Link State.
It started off as an idea:
Today, these companies are managing their local state with Apollo:
One source of truth
One interface for your data
Promise of excellent tooling*
Apollo helps developers by
lowering the barrier to
building great apps.
"I'm a new frontend developer and our team at code school decided to learn GraphQL and deploy an app using Apollo in 2 weeks for our final project."
- Chad Whitaker (@tchadwhitaker), Momentum Learning
"Once you move to Apollo to handle data over the network, it becomes much harder to justify loading a library like Redux for local state management. Apollo fills that need perfectly."
- Adam Neary (@AdamRNeary), Airbnb
React developers want an opinionated way to manage data in their apps.
Apollo Client 2.5
npm install apollo-client@alpha
Apollo Link State
into core! 🎉
Define your data model with client schemas
One familiar programming model across client & server
Dynamically add resolvers for code-splitting
More new features:
- Support for local subscriptions
- @export local fields as variables for server data
- Async cache initializers for local & remote data
We improved Apollo
by 2x on average.
To learn more, don't miss:
Apollo Client Caching in Depth
Ben Newman (@benjamn)
11/8 at 3pm in the Lodge
Excellent tooling is what the
Apollo developer experience
is all about.
Now available in the Extension Marketplace!
- Autocomplete as you're writing queries
- Inline tracing metrics from Engine
- Deprecation warnings
- Switch between schema tags
- Peek schema definitions
- Connects to client schema
- Warns against incorrectly extending types
- Autocomplete for local queries
- Peek client schema definitions
- Peek fragment definitions and docstrings
TypeScript definitions for client schemas
We want you to learn state
management with Apollo
the right way.
Apollo tutorial 📚
- Learn the Apollo platform by building and deploying a real-world app
- Includes pagination, authentication, local state management, and more!
The Apollo tutorial 🚀
Available today at apollographql.com/docs!
Apollo Client 3.0
What's on the roadmap?
#1: Merge Apollo Boost
into client core
At the same time, reduce bundle size
#2: Cache invalidation
Cache tags & garbage collection
React Apollo API
Suspense, hooks, and async server rendering
We want your
experience using Apollo
to be the best it can be.
Thank you Summit!